The Fast and the Furious
A 1995 Volkswagen Jetta appears in the first film. This car is driven by Jesse although it is mention that his imprisoned father owns the car. It is first seen when Jesse drives up to Dominic's store along with Leon, Letty and Vince. The car does not participate in street races although it did participate at Race Wars when Jesse uses the pink slip to the vehicle to race Johnny Tran's Honda S2000. Brian warns Jesse not to race Tran saying that the car has a $100,000 worth of upgrades. Jesse ignores him anyway and races Tran. Jesse appears to be winning when he uses nitrous but Tran overpowers him by using his own nitrous and easily beats Jesse. Jesse panics and leaves Race Wars refusing to give up the vehicle to Tran. The car is seen again when Jesse arrives at Dominic's house to plead for his help. Suddenly Tran and his cousin Lance perform a drive-by shooting on the house during which the car is shot up with Jesse being killed in the process. The car was possibly impounded because it is never seen again in the sequels. The Jetta has a Wings West bodykit + rear spoiler and KONIG rims.
- The car was originally rented from Scott Centra and three copies were made for stunt cars.
- During the race against Johnny Tran's S2000, the car that Chad Lindberg was in was cut up for a MicRig but was not actually a Jetta and rather a Nissan 240.
- This Volkswagen Jetta was later purchased by Frankie Muniz and was featured on a 2002 episode of Lizzie McGuire.
- The Volkswagen Jetta has no calipers at the pink-slip race vs. the Honda S2000.
- The Volkswagen Jetta from The Fast and The Furious was sold at Barrett- Jackson in the 2016 Scottsdale auction as lot# 7002.