2 Fast 2 Furious
Following their debriefing on the situation with Carter Verone and meeting Monica Fuentes, Brian takes the Lancer after Roman Pearce claims the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS for his own. Monica accompanies Brian in the car on their way to Verone's mansion. Unbeknownst to either Roman or Brian, the Lancer and the Eclipse were bugged with tracking devices that allowed agents Bilkins and Markham to monitor their every move when they did not report them directly on the undercover mission. During Roman and Brian's "audition" to become Verone's car, their cover was almost blown when Markham assumed they were fleeing custody with the Lancer and the Eclipse.
Roman and Brian brought the bugged cars to Tej Parker's garage in the hopes that the mechanic, Jimmy, would know how to remove the bugs. However, Jimmy summarized the complexicity of the cars internal systems would make it difficult. Roman and and Brian continued to use the Eclipse and Lancer until they were able to win Korpi's and Darden's Dodge Challenger and Yenko Camaro.
Prior to arriving to the warehouse to switch the Lancer and Eclipse with the muscle cars, the Lancer is tagged with a ESD Harpoon Launcher during the Miami police's pursuit of Roman and Brian. With the help of one of Verone's men, Enrique, Brian is able to pull the harpoon off of the side of the Lancer's frame before the EMP can disable it completely. During the car scramble, Tej drove the Lancer and, accompanied by Suki Roman's Eclipse, lured the police away from Brian and Roman's activities. Both Tej and Suki were arrested by the police for evading the authorities.
- Mitsubishi 2.0L 4G63 engine
- HKS Stage II clutch
- DAMD bodykit
- ARC rear wing GT2 style
- Custom Genera TYC taillights
- Motegi “FF5″ wheels 18”
- Toyo Tires 235/40/18
- Factory Recaro seats
- Apexi tachometer
- Apexi boost gauge
- Apexi temperature gauge
- Apexi oil pressure gaugevolt gauge
- Sparco shift knob
- Clarion VZ509 AM/FM/CD/DVD player
- Rockford Fosgate Amps & Speakers
- 276 Horsepower (as rated by the factory)
- 0-60 in 4.8 seconds
- ¼ mile in 13.3 seconds at 98 mph
- Top speed = 157 mph
- The Evolution VII's color scheme, body kit, and overall look were a deliberate nod to Paul Walker's 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse from The Fast and the Furious.
- The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII is one of the few protagonist cars that is not destroyed on-screen.
- Because the Mitsubishi Evolution was not introduced to America until 2003, 4 Evo VII's were donated by Mitsubishi Japan. The tail lights provided by Genera TYC were supposed to be for the Lancer so the rear quarter panels on all 4 cars were modified to fit the Lancer tail lights.
- Originally, the 4 Evo's were supposed to be designated for a European rally team in Austria but they were diverted for use in the movie.
- A Lancer was used as a Mic Rig for interior shots.