|2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS|
|Manufacturer||Mitsubishi Motors Corporation|
|Model||Eclipse Spyder GTS|
|Body and chassis|
|Body Style||2-door convertible|
|Engine||210 hp 3.0 L 24-valve SOHC Mitsubishi 6G72 engine with MVIM|
|Body Mods|| Shine Street wide body kit and rear wing|
APC carbon fiber hood
|Specialty Mods||Genera/TYC Euro taillights|
|Wheels||Lowenhart BR5 rims|
|Driver(s)|| Roman Pearce|
Transporting drug money
|Film(s)||2 Fast 2 Furious|
|Similar Cars||2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder|
2 Fast 2 Furious
Prior to going undercover, Monica Fuentes, debriefs Roman and Brian O'Conner on the details of Carter Verone. Following the unveiling of the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII, Roman claims the Eclipse Spyder for his own.
Unbeknownst to Roman or Brian, the Spyder was outfitted with a tracking device that was embedded deep within the mechanics of the car. When they learned how they were being tracked, both the Lancer and the Spyder were given to Jimmy in the hopes that the mechanic would be able to remove the devices.
They used the Spyder and the Lancer for a time until he and Brian won the 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T and 1969 Yenko Camaro SYC from Korpi and Darden. During the car scramble, Suki drove the Spyder and lure the police away from Brian and Roman's activities. She was later apprehended alongside Tej Parker, for evading the police.
The Eclipse Spyder was given a resplendent metallic silver and purple webbed design along with a Shine Street wide body kit, rear wing, APC carbon fiber hood, Genera/TYC Euro taillights and a set of Lowenhart BR-5 rims. It also had a GPS device spidered into all the main components underneath the hood, as well as a custom vanity Florida plate that read "H8TR".
- The Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder is one of the few protagonist cars that is not destroyed on-screen.
- The Mitsubishi Eclipse Sypder is often identified as a 2002 or 2003 model year car. According to the The Fast and the Furious: The Official Car Guide, written by Kris Palmer, the Eclipse Spyder is a 2001 model year. However, the car in the movie is clearly an Eclipse Spyder with a GTS trim, a trim that was only available beginning with the 2003 model year.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - 2 Fast 2 Furious - Internet Movie Car Database.com
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Fast and the Furious: Official Car Guide, page 54
- ↑ 2 Fast 2 Furious
- ↑ Volocars.com: 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder #1
- ↑ Rides Magazine from 2003 2 Fast 2 Furious Interview with Tyrese Gibson