Connor Rhodes was the right-hand man and primary enforcer for the cyberterrorist known as Cipher.
Working for Owen Shaw
The Fate of the Furious
Rhodes is first seen on Cipher's jet when he meets Dom, where the two get in a brief argument before Cipher arrives. He is later seen in New York where he stops Letty from getting away with the Russian nuclear football. However, he is forced to spare Letty after Dom threatens to shoot him in the head, although he retrieved the nuclear football. He tries to shoot her, but Dom stops him. and the two get back to Cipher's plane. Rhodes later kills Elena under Cipher's orders after Dom "disobeyed" her during the heist in New York. After Cipher orders Rhodes to kill Dom's crew, he mockingly tells Dom that he would chose who would die first. When Dom refused, Rhodes tries to shoot Letty first from afar. But after Dom's son is saved by Deckard Shaw, Dom rebels against Cipher and confronts Rhodes, making him miss his shot. During a brief fight, Dom breaks Rhodes's neck, killing him and avenging Elena's death. Dom then lets Cipher know that Rhodes "picked the wrong target" before leaving to rejoin his crew.
- "I'm going to enjoy this."
- ―Connor Rhodes to Dominic Toretto
Connor was a cruel, dangerous, and violent man who was loyal to Cipher. He has a major dislike for Dom when they first met.
- Expert Marksman: Rhodes was highly skilled in the use of firearms, particularly pistols and sniper rifles. He executed Elena Neves with two shots from his pistol, and he attempted to snipe Letty Ortiz from a distance, but Toretto sabotaged his shot.
- Expert Combatant: Rhodes was also a decent fighter, as he disarmed Letty of her pistol in New York City and he briefly contended with Dominic Toretto in Vladovin.
- Kimber Warrior SOC (TFS): Rhodes' first sidearm was fitted with a SureFire X300 weaponlight. He gave it to Cipher, who then gave it to Toretto for him to aim at her head. It was then returned to Rhodes, and he later used it to hold Letty at gunpoint in order to steal the nuclear launch codes. He aimed it at her head as Toretto did the same to him with his own firearm until she gave them up. He later aimed it at Toretto when he attempted to put the car in gear, but he put it away after he was instructed to take out Toretto's crew. After he made Rhodes miss his shot, the two engaged in a hand-to-hand fight, but he attempted to shoot Toretto. He fired it, but was quickly disarmed and killed.
- Ruger LC9s: Rhodes disarmed Letty of her two-tone pistol.
- Glock 17: Rhodes' second sidearm was a suppressed Glock 17. He used it to execute Elena with two shots under the orders of Cipher.
- LaRue Tactical PredatOBR 7.62: Rhodes used an 18-inch sniper rifle (fitted with a Schmidt & Bender PMII 5-25x56 scope in Larue Tactical LT845 QD mount, a Harris BRM-S bipod with LT706 QD swivel mount, a Magpul PMAG and backup sights) to aim at Toretto's crew. When the latter messed up his shot at Letty, he attempted to strike Toretto with the rifle, he was promptly disarmed.
- Kristin Chenoweth, Sarah Silverman, Jenny Slate, Yeardley Smith, Kate McKinnon, Catherine Keener, Amy Poehler, Tessa Thompson, Gal Gadot, Cate Blanchett, Anna Kendrick, Emilia Clarke, Emily Blunt, Rihanna, Scarlett Johansson, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, and Mila Kunis were all considered for the role of Connor Rhodes (who will be a female villain named Katie Rhodes) before Kristofer Hivju was cast.
- Larry the Cable Guy, John Leguizamo, Peter Dinklage, Andy Daly, Jason Lee, Justin Long, Bill Hader, Patton Oswalt, Jack Black, Patrick Stewart, Tim Curry, Kelsey Grammer, Christopher Lloyd, Ian McKellen, Simon Pegg, Bradley Whitford, Will Ferrell, and Jonah Hill were also considered for the role of Connor Rhodes before Kristofer Hivju was selected.
- Though Cipher was the main villain of the film, Rhodes did most of the action and was far more dangerous than Cipher.