Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (also known as Hobbs & Shaw) is a spin-off film in the Fast and Furious series, focusing on the characters of Luke Hobbs and Deckard Shaw, played by Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham respectively. The film takes place between the events of The Fate of the Furious and F9. A sequel was confirmed in 2020 by Dwayne Johnson.
|“||After eight films that have amassed almost $5 billion worldwide, the Fast & Furious franchise now features its first stand-alone fan base as Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham reprise their roles as Luke Hobbs and Deckard Shaw in Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw.
Ever since hulking lawman Hobbs, a loyal agent of America's Diplomatic Security Service, and lawless outcast Shaw, a former British military elite operative, first faced off in 2015's Furious 7, the duo have swapped smack talk and body blows as they've tried to take each other down. But when cyber-genetically enhanced anarchist Brixton Lore (Idris Elba) gains control of an insidious bio-threat that could alter humanity forever — and bests a brilliant and fearless rogue MI6 agent (The Crown’s Vanessa Kirby), who just happens to be Shaw's sister — these two sworn enemies will have to partner up to bring down the only guy who might be badder than themselves.
— Official Description
In London, Hattie Shaw and her team of MI6 agents attempt to retrieve a programmable supervirus dubbed "Snowflake" from terrorist organization Eteon. Brixton Lore, an Eteon operative with cybernetic implants that allow him to perform superhuman feats, arrives and kills all the agents except Hattie, who injects Snowflake into herself before escaping. Brixton frames Hattie for killing her team and stealing Snowflake, forcing her to go on the run.
Luke Hobbs and Deckard Shaw are both informed of the missing virus and are reluctantly assigned to work together to track it down. After a brief meeting at a CIA black site at Leadenhall Building, Deckard goes to Hattie's house for information, while Hobbs manages to find Hattie; after a brief scuffle, he brings her to the CIA office, as Deckard then returns. The office is attacked, and Hattie, whom Deckard reveals is his sister, is taken by Brixton, whom Deckard recognizes as an old colleague-turned-enemy he'd previously shot and supposedly killed. Hobbs and Deckard pursue and rescue Hattie during an ensuing car chase, managing to escape from Brixton, who crashes into a double-decker bus. However, Brixton frames all three as traitors via Eteon's control of global news media.
The three locate Professor Andreiko, who created Snowflake to efficiently deliver vaccines, who informs them that to prevent Eteon from using Snowflake to eradicate humanity, Hattie, while the virus is still dormant, must either be cremated or have the virus removed with a specialized extraction device, located in an Eteon facility in Chernobyl, Ukraine. After flying undercover to Moscow and rendezvousing with Deckard's old friend, Margarita to rearm, the three infiltrate the facility. They manage to retrieve the extraction device before escaping and destroying the facility; however, Andreiko is killed, and the device is damaged during their escape.
Hobbs takes the trio to his childhood home in Samoa to visit his estranged brother Jonah, a talented mechanic, to repair the device and lay low before confronting Brixton again. Hobbs has a tense reunion with his family, but Jonah is eventually persuaded to help them by their mother. The makeshift battalion prepares for Eteon's arrival, setting up a variety of traps around the island. Jonah successfully repairs the device and starts the virus extraction, just as Brixton and his army arrive. In the ensuing battle, all of Brixton's soldiers are defeated. Brixton retakes Hattie via helicopter; however, Hobbs, Deckard, and the Samoans bring the aircraft down. Working together, Hobbs and Deckard defeat Brixton, who is remotely terminated afterward by Eteon's never-seen director. The director send a message claiming to know Hobbs and intending to persuade him and the Shaw siblings, while they promise to find the director. The group celebrates their victory.
In mid and post-credits scenes, Hobbs brings his daughter to meet their extended family in Samoa; Deckard and Hattie are implied to bust their mother out of prison; and Hobbs receives a call from his partner, Victor Locke, informing him that he had broken into a facility and discovered another virus worse than the Snowflake virus.
Hobbs also secretly has the London police set on Deckard in retaliation for a prank during the trip to Moscow.
- Dwayne Johnson as Luke Hobbs
- Jason Statham as Deckard Shaw
- Joshua Coombes as Young Deckard Shaw
- Idris Elba as Brixton Lore
- Vanessa Kirby as Hattie Shaw
- Meesha Garbett as Young Hattie Shaw
- Eiza Gonzalez as Margarita (a.k.a. Madame M)
- Helen Mirren as Magdalene "Queenie" Shaw
- Eliana Sua as Samantha Hobbs
- Roman Reigns as Mateo Hobbs
- Cliff Curtis as Jonah Hobbs
- Eddie Marsan as Professor Andreiko
- Josh Mauga as Timo Hobbs
- John Tui as Kal Hobbs
- Lori Pelenise Tuisano as Sefina Hobbs
- Rob Delaney as Loeb
- Ryan Reynolds as Victor Locke
- Kevin Hart as Dinkley
- Harry Hickles as Young Owen Shaw
- Alex King as Lt. Grapefruit
- Tom Wu as Tsoi
- John Macdonald as Lermotov
- Theft of The Snowflake
- Attack on the CIA London Black Site
- Infiltration of Eteon Weapons & Biotech Facility
- Battle of Samoa
- Liberation of Magdalene Shaw
- Assassination of Han Seoul-Oh (indirectly mentioned)
Vin Diesel announced that a spin-off film to the Fast and Furious was in development during an interview with Variety. Universal Pictures then announced that the spin-off film would center around the characters of Luke Hobbs and Deckard Shaw with a release date set for July 26, 2019. Variety also reported that Shane Black was in the running to direct the film, with Chris Morgan writing the script. The spin-off's announcement led to a response from Tyrese Gibson. Posting on Instagram, Gibson criticized Johnson for causing the filming of the ninth entry in the Fast & Furious series to be delayed for another year.
Dwayne Johnson posted a video on Instagram, showing off the finished script for the film, revealing the title as Hobbs & Shaw. David Leitch was reported to be in talks to direct the film in February 2018, and his involvement in the film was confirmed in April. In March 2018, it was reported that production on the film would begin in September 2018.
In May 2018, the release date of the film was pushed back a week to August 2, 2019. On July 5, 2018, it was reported that Idris Elba has been casted to play the film's villain. In October 2018, Eddie Marsan joined the cast of the film.
The film was released on digital platforms on October 15th, 2019, and on DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 5th, 2019.
- The following list of major vehicles used in "Hobbs & Shaw".
|McLaren 720S||2017||Deckard Shaw||Abandoned|
|McLaren 570S||2016||Deckard Shaw||Unknown|
|Ford Bronco||1981||Luke Hobbs||Active|
|KTM 950 SM||2005||Eteon Soldiers||Unknown|
|MAN KAT 1||Unknown||Luke Hobbs, Hattie Shaw||Damaged|
|Land-Rover Range Rover Series III (L322)||Unknown||Eteon Soldiers||Damaged|
|Jeep Gladiator (JT)||2020||Luke Hobbs||Active|
- Los Angeles
- CIA London Black Site
- Eteon Headquarters
- Eteon Weapons & Biotech Facility
- Hobbs & Shaw writer promises that justice for Han is coming
- ‘Fast & Furious’ Spinoffs In the Works (EXCLUSIVE)
- Fast and Furious 10 Cast and Crew
- Fast & Furious: The Rock And Jason Statham Spin-Off Coming In 2019
- Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham’s ‘Fast and Furious’ Spinoff Gets 2019 Release Date
- 'Deadpool 2' Director in Early Talks for Dwayne Johnson's 'Fast and Furious' Spinoff
- The Rock's Fast and Furious Spin-Off Begins Shooting This Fall
- 'Fast & Furious’ Spinoff with Dwayne Johnson & Jason Statham Shifts To August 2019 – Update
- Idris Elba Jumps Into 'Fast & Furious' Spinoff 'Hobbs And Shaw'
- Eddie Marsan Along For The Ride In 'Fast & Furious' Spin-off 'Hobbs And Shaw'
- Eiza Gonzalez To Join Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham In 'Fast And Furious' Spinoff
- WWE Star Roman Reigns Joins Pal Dwayne Johnson In 'Hobbs And Shaw'