|Hobbs & Shaw|
|Producer(s)||Neal H. Moritz,|
Seven Bucks Productions
One Race Films
|Release date||August 2, 2019|
|The Fast and Furious (series)|
|Films||The Fast and the Furious • 2 Fast 2 Furious • The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift • Fast & Furious • Fast Five • Fast & Furious 6 • Furious 7 • The Fate of the Furious • Fast & Furious 9 • Fast & Furious 10|
After eight films that have amassed almost $5 billion worldwide, the Fast & Furious franchise now features its first stand-alone vehicle as Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham reprise their roles as Luke Hobbs and Deckard Shaw in Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw. Ever since hulking lawman Hobbs (Johnson), a loyal agent of America's Diplomatic Security Service, and lawless outcast Shaw (Statham), a former British military elite operative, first faced off in 2015’s Furious 7, the duo have swapped smack talk and body blows as they’ve tried to take each other down. But when cyber-genetically enhanced anarchist Brixton (Idris Elba) gains control of an insidious bio-threat that could alter humanity forever — and bests a brilliant and fearless rogue MI6 agent (The Crown’s Vanessa Kirby), who just happens to be Shaw’s sister — these two sworn enemies will have to partner up to bring down the only guy who might be badder than themselves. Hobbs & Shaw blasts open a new door in the Fast universe as it hurtles action across the globe, from Los Angeles to London and from the toxic wasteland of Chernobyl to the lush beauty of Samoa.
- Dwayne Johnson as Luke Hobbs
- Jason Statham as Deckard Shaw
- Vanessa Kirby as Hattie Shaw
- Idris Elba as Brixton Lore
- Eddie Marsan
- Ellie Nicole
- Eiza Gonzalez as Madam M
- Roman Reigns as Duke Hobbs
- Cliff Curtis
- John Tui
- Josh Mauga
Vin Diesel announced that a spin-off film to the Fast and Furious was in development during an interview with Variety. Universal Pictures then announced that the spin-off film would center around the characters of Luke Hobbs and Deckard Shaw with a release date set for July 26, 2019. Variety also reported that Shane Black was in the running to direct the film, with Chris Morgan writing the script. The spin-off's announcement led to a response from Tyrese Gibson. Posting on Instagram, Gibson criticized Johnson for causing the filming of the ninth entry in the Fast & Furious series to be delayed for another year.
Dwayne Johnson posted a video on Instagram, showing off the finished script for the film, revealing the title as Hobbs & Shaw. David Leitch was reported to be in talks to direct the film in February 2018, and his involvement in the film was confirmed in April. In March 2018, it was reported that production on the film would begin in September 2018. In May 2018, the release date of the film was pushed back a week to August 2, 2019. On July 5, 2018, it was reported that Idris Elba has been casted to play the film's villain. In October 2018, Eddie Marsan joined the cast of the film. In November 2018, Eiza Gonzalez joined the cast of the film. In January 2019, Johnson revealed that his cousin Roman Reigns would appear in the film as Hobbs' brother.
- The following list of major cars used in "Hobbs & Shaw" is incomplete and may not be completed until the film is released.
|Aston Martin DB11||2018||TBC||Unknown|
|Ford Bronco||1981||Luke Hobbs||Unknown|
|KrAZ 255 B1||1977||TBC||Unknown|
|KTM 950 SM||2005||TBC||Unknown|
|Land-Rover Range Rover Series III||Unknown||TBC||Unknown|
|MAN KAT 1||Unknown||TBC||Unknown|
|McLaren 720S||2017||Deckard Shaw||Unknown|
|Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 C7||2018||Luke Hobbs||Unknown|
- ↑ ‘Fast & Furious’ Spinoffs In the Works (EXCLUSIVE)
- ↑ Fast and Furious 10 Cast and Crew
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Fast & Furious: The Rock And Jason Statham Spin-Off Coming In 2019
- ↑ Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham’s ‘Fast and Furious’ Spinoff Gets 2019 Release Date
- ↑ 'Deadpool 2' Director in Early Talks for Dwayne Johnson's 'Fast and Furious' Spinoff
- ↑ The Rock's Fast and Furious Spin-Off Begins Shooting This Fall
- ↑ 'Fast & Furious’ Spinoff with Dwayne Johnson & Jason Statham Shifts To August 2019 – Update
- ↑ Idris Elba Jumps Into 'Fast & Furious' Spinoff 'Hobbs And Shaw'
- ↑ Eddie Marsan Along For The Ride In 'Fast & Furious' Spin-off 'Hobbs And Shaw'
- ↑ Eiza Gonzalez To Join Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham In 'Fast And Furious' Spinoff
- ↑ WWE Star Roman Reigns Joins Pal Dwayne Johnson In 'Hobbs And Shaw'