Rousey is a noted mixed martial artist, judoka and actress. She is the first and current UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion, as well as the last Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight Champion. She is undefeated in mixed martial arts, having won nine of her eleven fights by armbar. Rousey became the first U.S. woman to earn an Olympic medal in Judo at the Summer Olympics in Beijing in 2008.
Rousey trains under Gokor Chivichyan of the Hayastan MMA Academy, and Edmond Tarverdyan of the Glendale Fighting Club. She formerly trained at the Olympic Training Center in Wakefield, Massachusetts, under the guidance of Jimmy Pedro and is now part of Team Hayastan in Santa Monica, California. Rousey also trains with Romanian Leo Frîncu and Gene Lebell, along with Team Hayastan fighters such as Manny Gamburyan, Karen Darabedyan, Karo Parisyan and Sako Chivitchian. She is managed by Darin Harvey of Fight Tribe MMA. In July 2012, Rousey enlisted former undefeated boxing and kickboxing champion Lucia Rijker as striking coach.
Rousey is the consensus #1 pound-for-pound female MMA fighter in the world, according to MMARising, MMAWeekly, and other publications. She is ranked #1 at 135 pounds according to the Unified Women's MMA Rankings. Fight Matrix lists her as the #1 Current Women's MMA Bantamweight Fighter, the #1 Current Pound for Pound Women's MMA Fighter, and the #1 Women's MMA Fighter of all time. As of May 1, 2015, she is the #5 pound-for-pound fighter in the UFC.
Rousey's first feature film role was the 2014 film The Expendables 3. In 2015, she has roles in the films Furious 7 and the upcoming Entourage. Her first professional wrestling storyline began at WrestleMania 31, when she and Furious 7 co-star The Rock confronted Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. She is now working with WWE since 2018.
- Dana White UFC 154 Post-Fight Scrum (Complete)
- Ronda Rousey and Liz Carmouche deliver in main event, scoring one for female athletes everywhere - Yahoo! Sports
- Steinberg, Dan (2008-08-13). "Rousey Is 1st U.S. Woman to Earn A Medal in Judo". WashingtonPost.com
- Glendale Fighting Club
- Cum a descoperit-o Leo Frîncu pe campioana mondială Strikeforce
- Exclusive Interview with Leo Frîncu
- Ronda Rousey
- Strikeforce champ Rousey enlists Lucia Rijker as striking coach ahead of Kaufman bout dead link as of March 2015
- MMA Pound-For-Pound Rankings
- Women’s Pound-for-Pound MMA Top 10|date=2012-08-19
- Women's MMA Rankings: Ronda Rousey and Everyone Else
- Ronda Rousey and the Top 10 Pound-for-Pound WMMA Fighters
- Unified Women's Mixed Martial Arts Rankings
- Current MMA Rankings » Women’s Bantamweight
- Current MMA Rankings » Women’s Pound for Pound
- |title=All-Time MMA Rankings
- |title=Fighter Rankings | UFC ®
- Ronda Rousey To Star In ‘The Expendables 3′
- UFC's Ronda Rousey Adds Another Blockbuster Role, Stirs Debate | Fox News Latino