- "He reads the brochure. I'm proud. But with cars, you have to customize. It's all between you and the car you build. It's a bond, it's a commitment."
"It sounds like a marriage."
"Yeah, but with cars, when you trade up, they don't take half your shit."
- ―Tej Parker and Luke Hobbs
Tej Parker is a former street racer, mechanic and technical expert. Tej is a friend of Brian O'Conner, who allowed him to participate in races when he lived in Miami, Florida. Later, Tej becomes a member of Dominic Toretto's Crew when he is recruited by Dominic Toretto to steal money from a corrupt Portuguese businessman, Hernan Reyes. He would also go on to become partners and best friends with Brian's childhood buddy, Roman Pearce.
- "You got four minutes."
- ―Tej to Brian O'Conner
Tej does not race anymore, preferring to referee and make money off selling parts out of his garage and also due to what he claims to have stopped him from racing, an injured leg. He has an off-on relationship with Suki. When Brian O'Conner needs a place to stay, he allows Brian and Roman Pearce to stay in his garage rooms for a while. Later, when Brian needs to orchestrate a scramble to escape detection by the FBI, Tej shows him another large car garage owned by him, which they use for the scramble. Tej and Suki drive Brian and Roman's Mitsubishis out to be intercepted by the FBI, allowing them to continue their mission which shows that he still can drive as well.
- "Come on, baby. Don't be mean."
- ―Tej Parker
Tej makes an appearance in Fast Five when Brian O'Conner asks him to come to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to deal with the circuits surrounding Reyes' money for security. Tej becoms part of the team Brian and Dominic Toretto put together to rob 100 million dollars from the richest man in Rio.
After the heist in Brazil, Tej purchased a small garage which he earlier revealed to be his dream. With his share of the heist money, he also brought a Koenigsegg CCXR, of which there are only 4 in existence. One of which belongs to Roman Pearce who also brought one with his heist money and he believes to be the only person to own one in the Western hemisphere, until he sees Tej and sees he also has one.
- "Plan B? We need a plan C, D, E. We need more alphabets!"
- ―Tej to Brian O'Conner
Tej makes an appearance in this film, returning as part of Dominic Toretto's crew. He is known to be quite generous since the Rio heist in the events of Fast Five, giving away free money to locals. He continues to share banter with Roman Pearce and develops somewhat of a mild friendship with Agent Hobbs, having him named "Samoan Thor" on his cellphone. When asked by Dom to get new cars for the crew after their BMW M5s failed, Tej and Hobbs visit the classic car auction, and get insulted by a punter for their outfit, being quite informal for the auction. However, Tej surprises the punter by buying all the cars from the auction, which are then delivered to the crew's safehouse, saying that he needed to make use to his 10 million dollars from Rio heist. After the cars are delivered, he retaliates for the punter's comeuppance by making him undress and leave all clothing items to him and Hobbs as "more formal".
Later, Tej upgrades the confiscated weapon and invents a new harpoon made from titanium and powered with nitrous, which Rome "tests out" with him nearly killing Dom and Han. However, Tej seems to have made more of them as seen used during the airfield chase.
Tej also assists in taking down the airplane in an effort to stop Owen Shaw towards the end of the film.
- "We're being hunted."
- ―Tej to Brian O'Conner
Tej appears at the funeral for Han and is later brought in by Mr. Nobody's team to help rescue Ramsey. Tej drives a heavily modified Jeep Wrangler during the chase and acts as a shield for the rest of the group. Tej later hacks the Etihad Towers to allow Dom and Brian to access the prince's vault containing his Lykan HyperSport. Tej later hacks into God's Eye with Ramsay to regain control of it and is later at the beach where they say goodbye to Brian.
- "Whoever Dom's working with is beyond our pay grade."
- ―Tej to Luke Hobbs
Tej assists the gang, driving Dodge Demons in stealing back a stolen EMP and is later shocked when Dom betrays them. In New York, Tej drives a Mercedes AMG GT which is eventually destroyed by Dom. Later, Tej chooses a tank and is locked in the Akula Submarine until Roman and Little Nobody pull the trigger chips and release him. After stopping Cipher's attack, Tej tries to hit on Ramsey who declines until he can guess her last name.
- "We've never faced anything like this. We're talking vehicular warfare. We're being hunted. Let's get to work"
Tej arrives, with Ramsey and Roman, to Dom and Letty's farmhouse in Thailand and shares the news of Mr. Nobody's plane crash and the extraction of Cipher. He lets Letty know that they're leaving to go to Montequinto at 8AM if she and Dom wish to join. Dom is initially reluctant as he is now a father but eventually joins.
Tej drives a 2020 Jeep Gladiator in Montequinto and uses it to escape with Ramsey and Roman over a bridge which promptly collapses. After the gang arrive in the Caspian Sea, Dom instructs the team to split up and sends Tej and Roman to Germany where they meet Sean Boswell, Twinkie and Earl who provide them with weapons, cars and gear as well as demonstrating their rocket engine-powered Pontiac Fiero which blows up after the demonstration.
Tej and Roman then meet up with Ramey and Dom in Edinburgh where Jakob Toretto steals the second half of Project Aries. On a hunch, Tej and Roman fight two delivery drivers and discover a large magnet in the back of their truck which is causing a electromagnetic field to shutdown security systems. Tej and Roman are captured and held hostage in the truck which is then stolen by Ramsey who uses it to run Otto's Jaguar off the road. As Ramsey takes control of the vehicle, Tej and Roman fight four guards, beat them down and coming out on top with ease. Later, Ramsey captures Jakob in the truck using the magnet and they return to the Caspian Sea where they meet Han again.
When the bunker is infiltrated, Tej uses the magnet to cause a diversion and he flees the bunker with the rest of the team. Once they learn that Jakob and Otto have launched a satellite into orbit, Tej and Roman contact Sean and Earl, who have rebuilt the Fiero, and they use it to send themselves into orbit. When Tej tries using the magnets on the Fiero to destroy Otto's satellite, they fail and Roman suggests using the rocket engine. Tej warns him that doing so could either, kill them upon impact with the satellite or leave them stranded in space as the remaining engine fuel is what they need to return to Earth.
Roman tells Tej that they have no choice and that this may be the end for them and if it is they'll go out together as partners to save their team. Roman activates the engine and blows up the satellite. The duo survive and are found by another rocket ship who help them get back to Earth.
Tej and Roman regroup with the rest of the team in Los Angeles and sit down to a barbecue as Brian arrives in his Nissan Skyline.
TO BE ADDED
- "Hey, Tej. Look at you, rolling in a Ferrari, pockets full of cash!"
"Yeah, man. You used to be all Robin Hood, sharing all the money you got."
"You know what? I'm telling you, money changed you."
"You're right. It has changed me. I realized that money doesn't grow on trees. It rains from the sky!"
- ―Santiago, Benito and Tej
Tej is shown to be highly humble even after he become a millionaire. Even though he had enough money to set himself up without working another day in his life, he still settled for a day job as a mechanic since cars were his passion. Tej's passion for cars is comparable to a marriage as describe by Hobbs. But Tej prefers cars over women, with the reasoning that when you go your separate ways they don't take half your stuff.
- Master Engineer: Tej's car mechanics abilities far surpasses even Dom as regularly has him conduct car modification or replacement searching whenever their current cars were destroyed. He has also further enhanced weapons his team has confiscated from other teams. One example being Shaw's hook gun.
- Expert Hacker: Tej was originally brought into Toretto's crew because of his technical abilities with computers. He can crack any safe or hack into any system if there is even the slightest possibility anyone can do it. Tej's only limit to tech is when the system is fool-proof. Examples including Reyes' safe which couldn't be opened without his hand print. However, Tej was able to hack the electronic passcode of the safe but that alone couldn't open the safe.
- Skilled Driver: To be added
- Expert Martial Artist: Despite primarily serving the role of the tech person of the crew and not directly fighting anyone in the first two missions of the crew, Tej did display skill in close quarters combat as he easily and quickly disabled an armed security guard during a birthday party. He also took out several guards in the crew's search for Otto and Jakob.
- Skilled Marksman: Tej is proficient with firearms, despite being more of a technician than a field agent. He has wielded various pistols, machine guns and launchers.
- Multilingualism: Tej speaks English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- SIG-Sauer SP 2022: Tej carried a pistol in London.
- FN FNX-9: Tej carried another pistol in Vladovin.
- CAA Tactical RONI: Tej carried a third pistol in Montequinto, mounted into a CAA Tactical RONI carbine conversion kit.
- IMI Uzi: Tej carried a submachine gun during the safehouse robbery of Hernan Reyes' money.
- Browning M2 Aircraft: Tej operated a machine gun from the tank he drove in Vladovin.
- Sage Control Ordnance Deuce Revolution: Tej aimed a double-barreled over-and-under grenade launcher with the stocks removed during the convoy attack in the Caucasus Mountains.
- Plumett AL-52 Air Launcher: Tej modified a grappling hook compressed air launcher.
- Tej appears in the games Fast & Furious: Showdown and Forza Horizon 2 Presents: Fast and Furious.
- He is the 2nd character to be played by a rapper. His actor, Ludacris, also sung a few songs from the film such as Act A Fool, which is featured in the movie's soundtrack and plays during the film's opening as well as the end credits of the film. He also sang the ending song Furiously Dangerous, which is in the credits for Fast Five. He was also involved in the David Guetta song Rest of My Life, which is featured in the end of Fast and Furious 6 and even appeared in its soundtrack.
- He is also the only rapper to have a prominent role, along with Tyrese Gibson.
- Originally, Edwin from the first movie was set to return in 2 Fast 2 Furious. However, Ja Rule "acted too big for the sequel" and ignored calls from director John Singleton, which led to Tej's character being written for the movie instead of Edwin.
- After Edwin had been rewritten as Tej, he was to be played by rapper Redman. However, due to the scheduling conflicts with his other production - TV series Method & Red, Redman had to drop out, leading to Ludacris being cast instead.
|2 Fast 2 Furious||Acura NSX|
|Fast Five||Ford Galaxie
|Fast & Furious 6||Ferrari FXX|
|Furious 7||Jeep Wrangler|
|The Fate of the Furious||Ripsaw MS3 UGV|
|2016 Mercedes AMG GT S|
|F9||Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk|
|2020 Jeep Gladiator|